News 12 defaultlogo

NYPD: Shootings down in the Bronx for 1st 3 months of the year

According to NYPD data, there were 69 shootings reported this time last year. This year, there's been 48.

Karina Gerry

Apr 4, 2025, 2:33 AM

Updated 16 hr ago

Share:

The NYPD announced on Wednesday that there was a significant drop in shootings in the Bronx for the first three months of the year.
According to NYPD data, there were 69 shootings reported this time last year. This year, there's been 48.
“We had an inordinate number of shootings and killings going on in numerous precincts," said David Caba, the senior vice president of Bronx Rises Against Gun Violence.
News 12 spoke with residents about safety in their neighborhood.
“It just feels like we’re safer, it feels nice I like that it’s not too much going on as it was before and I hope it stays that way," said Cynara.
Others point out that there's still work to be done.
“It’s still going on as I’m talking and as we’re speaking now," said Crystal Moore.