More Stories






A Bridgeport man was detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers while with his son last week, officials say.
It happened May 15 while Javier Anibal Melgar and his son were waiting in their car for the school bus on Park Avenue. State Rep. Chris Rosario described the incident as traumatizing for the 16-year-old and the other kids on the school bus.
ICE says Melgar is from El Salvador and crossed the border illegally in 2005. They say an immigration judge issued Melgar a final order of removal in October 2006.
The agency says officers allowed Melgar to contact his wife to arrange transportation for their son. Officers remained with the child to until his mother arrived.
Melgar's location is not known.


More from News 12