The family of 16-year-old Christopher Redding, who was killed in a shooting in Kingsbridge a week ago, spoke out at a vigil on Thursday.
A growing memorial of candles and balloons now marks the corner of West 238th Street and Broadway where Redding and two other teens were shot last Wednesday.
All three teens were rushed to the hospital, but Redding did not survive.
Redding's father previously told News 12 his son was a good kid who loved football and had a promising future. He said teen violence must end and whoever is responsible should be held accountable.
Police confirm that a 17-year-old was arrested and charged with murder. The remaining three suspects are still being sought.
Anyone with information is urged to contact police.